Update - more London stores are about to open.
After opening 10 Prets across London, they're about to launch a further 20. Opening on Friday 1 May, they'll be available on Deliveroo and Uber Eats, as well as for takeaway. So if you really need a Super Club and a coffee - here's where to go:
- Battersea - 80-82 St John's Rd
- Borough High Street - 11-13 Borough High Street
- Brixton - 417 Brixton Road
- Ealing - 45 High Street Ealing
- Elephant and Castle - UNIT 4, 22 Elephant & Castle
- Fulham Broadway - Unit 5 Fulham Broadway Retail Centre
- Fulham - 168-188 Fulham Palace Road
- Hammersmith - Unit 30 Broadway Shopping Centre
- Harbour Island - 19 Harbour Island Millwall Dock
- Highbury Corner - 257-258 Upper Street
- Islington - Angel Central Shopping Centre 12 Parkfield Street
- King's Cross - 54-60 York Way
- Kingston - 85-87 Clarence Street
- Ladbroke Grove - 140 Ladbroke Grove
- Notting Hill - 65 Notting Hill Gate
- Paddington - 3-5 Praed Street
- Putney - 121 Putney High Street
- Richmond - 37 Lower George Street
- Shoreditch - 192 Shoreditch High Street
- Wimbledon - 4 Wimbledon Hill Road
Original story follows
We wrote earlier today about the return of KFC, and now we're hearing about another beloved fast-food emporium's return to London. This time it's the turn of Pret, which closed just as the current lockdown started. Like many, they've taken the intervening time to regroup and have now made the decision to re-open 10 stores in London from tomorrow.
They're not opening any old Pret, though. Instead, they've chosen the ones that are specifically their closest to London hospitals (apparently it's in response to requests from local NHS workers and hospitals). Anyone can visit the stores, but if you work for the NHS, you'll get 50% off for the rest of April at least. This also means that Pret's food donation work will start up again.
As for what's on offer - they say it'll be "a limited menu of some of our most popular sandwiches, salads and baguettes, as well as hot and cold drinks, baked goods, fruit and snacks (e.g. crisps, cold drinks and bars)."
Social distancing rules will be in place (as well as perspex screens, card payment only, a maximum of six customers inside at one time) and they're being run by 160 staff who have volunteered (although all staff are fully paid regardless of whether they volunteered or not).
Here are the stores that are reopening - all from 8am - 2pm only:
- City Road - Eagle House, 161 City Rd, London EC1V 1NR (serving Moorfields Eye Hospital, Richard Desmond Children’s Centre)
- King's Road - 35-37 Kings Rd, London SW3 4NB (serving Royal Brompton Hospital, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital)
- Vauxhall - Unit 21 St Georges Wharf, Vauxhall, SW8 2JW (serving St Thomas’ Hospital)
- St John's Wood - 2-4 Circus Rd, London NW8 6PG (serving St John & St Elizabeth Hospital, The Wellington Hospital)
- Bloomsbury - 14 Warren St, London W1T 5LL (serving University College Hospital)
- South Kensington - 15 Brompton Rd, London SW7 3HZ (serving Royal Brompton Hospital, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital)
- St George's Hospital - Ground Floor Jenner Wing, St Georges University of London, SW17 0RE
- Fulham - 367B Fulham Rd, Fulham, London SW10 9TN (serving Royal Brompton Hospital, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital)
- Tooting - 3 Mitcham Rd, Tooting Broadway SW17 9PA (serving St George’s Hospital)
- Fitzrovia - 136 Great Portland St, London W1W 6PM (serving University College Hospital and private practices)
So if you're working in or near London's hospitals at this time and have been craving a Pret sandwich, you won't have to wait much longer.
The Pret stores reopen on 15 April 2020, opening from 8am - 2pm. For more from Pret, follow them on Instagram @pret.
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners