Tonkotsu is coming back! Yes, that's right, if you've missed their excellent ramen, chicken kara-age, gyoza and so much more, then you'll soon be able to order it for delivery. They're starting with the Haggerston branch for now (which will be staffed by people who live close), and will review how that goes before launching more branches.
It's going to serve a reduced menu, but here's a taster of what's included:
- Geki kara (new to the menu and extra hot) Pork broth enriched with lardo & soy sauce base with scotch bonnet chilli mash. Thin-cut homemade noodles topped with roast pork belly, kikurage, spring onions and seasoned egg.
- Tonkotsu - Pork broth enriched with lardo & sea salt base. Thin-cut homemade noodles topped with roast pork belly, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, spring onions, burnt garlic oil and seasoned egg.
- Japanese mushroom miso - Konbu and shiitake broth & miso base. Classic homemade noodles topped with shiitake, enoki & shimeji mushrooms, padrón peppers, bok choy, mange tout and bamboo shoots.
- Chicken kara-age
- Chicken (or vegetable) Katsu Curry
- Chicken (or shimeji, shiitake & enoki) hiyashi with ponzu dressing
Hopefully, we'll see more branches opening in the coming weeks - we'll let you know as soon as they do.
More about Tonkotsu East
Where is it? 1a Dunston St, Haggerston, London E8 4EB
When does it re-open? 1 May 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners