Updated 27/8/18 with full menu details
Whatever your brunch preference, be it bottomless and boozy or smoothie-bowl-themed, there's no denying that London is home to some seriously good, tremendously varied breakfasts. In fact, the biggest problem is finding the energy to get out of bed and go and try them all.
Now, the good news is you'll be able to sample a big range of brunches all in one go at London's first brunch festival, hosted at the Old Truman Brewery. There'll be lots to try, including plenty from vendors, cocktails, coffees, kombuchas and sweet pastries - so maybe skip dinner the night before.
Full menus have now been revealed so this is what everyone's serving up:
- Signature dish - Avocado smash on toasted sourdough, poached egg, halloumi, dukkah, little
- Broccoli and parmesan fritters, buffalo mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, chilli jam, rocket
Quinoa and vanilla pancakes, berries, maple syrup butter
Zoe’s Ghana Kitchen
- Signature dish - The Accra Breakfast: Vegan bean stew, plantain and free range fried egg
- Jollof Shakshuka - West african spinnon shakshuka
- Koose Hash - black eye bean, okra, red quinoa, fresh chillies, ginger and garlic hash with a free range fried egg
- Koose fritters w/ avo mayo
- JFC Wings, Jollof and egg - a twist on a nasi goreng
- Signature dish - The Ultimate Waffle combo
- Signature Dish - The Saffa: Boerewors patty, potato rosti, caramelised onions, hen’s egg, monkey gland sauce with Parmesan on a brioche bun
- Fat pancakes
- The French finger: French toast soldiers topped with toasted marshmallow
- Signature dish - B's Big Breakfast Burrito
- Bacon and Avocado - Refried Beans, Bacon, Monterey Jack cheese, Avocado.
- Vegan - Refried Beans, Pico, Avocado on a corn tortilla
- The Texan - Scrambled Eggs, Pulled Pork, Pico.
- Megas - Scrambled Eggs, Monterey Jack cheese, Pico.
- Signature dish - Teriyaki chicken Salmon or tofu Bao burger
- Choice of chicken/pork/vegetable dumplings
- Dim Sum: Pork & Prawn Suimai, Prawn Har Now, Chinese Super Green Chive Dumpling, Char Siu Bao, Chinese Mushroom Bao
Mac to the Future
- Signature dish - The Doc's Brunch, mac n cheese topped with sausage and fried egg
- Signature dish - Vegan Brekkie Burger served in an organic brioche bun, our mushroom zucchini risotto patty, roast mushrooms, grilled tomato, special mayo, red pepper sauce baked beans, crispy onion.
You can head to one of the coffee stalls to get your caffeine fix, or treat yourself to something stronger with a Bloody Mary from The Picklehouse. Those with a sweet tooth will be catered for by the Urban Cordial Co, who'll also be turning out seasonal cocktails.
That's all on top of the many talks, discussions and activities like a Bloody Mary workshop from the founder of The Picklehouse, and 'RIP Clean Eating: The Alternative Brunch Wellness Plan'.
Each of the restaurants will have a special festival menu for the event, and one signature dish where they'll be attempting to one-up each other to take home the title of 'Dish of the Festival'.
If you're getting sourdough cravings just thinking about it, then you can book a ticket for £15 on their website.
More about London Brunch Fest
Where is it? The Old Truman Brewery, 91 Brick Ln, London E1 6QR
When? 1-2 September 2018
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners