There's a new summertime bar and rooftop restaurant on the way to Homerton, and it has Jarrod Cooke and Chef Giorgio Ravelli - who took over Upstairs at the Ten Bells from the Clove Club - at the helm.
The main focus is around Italian sharing plates. The plan is to feature some of their top dishes from the Ten Bells alongside new additions. Planned for the menu is:
- Razor clams, grapefruit sauce vierge, coriander
- Beef carpaccio, smoked Sicilian prawns, hemp seeds
- Fermented pork belly, crème fraiche, picked red peppers
- Parmesan custard, broad beans, peas and watercress
- Gnocchi, Parma ham butter, brown crab
- Kid goat ravioli, tomato, ricotta
- Pork neck, fregola sarda and peas
- Beef rump, jersey royal and smoked bone marrow butter
- Roast plaice, aubergine, tomato and salted lemons
- Strawberries, Marsala cream, ricotta doughnuts (pictured above)
Plus there will be a weekly barbecue on Sundays. For that, there will be Goat Sausages, Beef Feather Blade & Bone Marrow Butter, and Ginger Glazed Pork Ribs all served with pickled and preserved vegetables. And they'll also be serving cones of cornflake ice-cream.
The wine list will carry on the Italian theme, focusing primarily on Italian wine. The wines by the glass will change regularly and they'll be planning win events over the summer too. Plus cocktails will be from Jimmy McMahon and will be seasonal twists on classics.
The bar is open now and the restaurant will be open on 2 July 2015 and for all summer.