Updated 16/2 with soft launch details.
Bringing the finest Spanish food to London's West End: the ever popular Brindisa Tapas Kitchen are opening their latest London restaurant in Soho. Expect a big focus on grilled and roasted meats and fish at their latest.
What to expect from Morada Brindisa Asador
Top quality charcuterie plus an extensive range of authentic tapas dishes from pan con tomate to grilled lamb cutlets with aioli and mint. Food is focused around cooking over charcoal and includes techniques from across Spain where asadors (a wood fired oven) are common. Dishes are prepared and cooked at the bar, in the Josper oven or over the Robata grill. On the menu, we can expect:
- Iberico pork fillet and pancetta skewers. £7.75
- “Secreto Iberico” with broccoli and cauliflower. £9.60
- Rump steak tartare burger. £8
- Charcoal roasted leeks and butternut squash soup. £5.75
- Kale and “escabeche” sardine salad. £6.75
- Butifarra esparracada. £7
- Crispy fried marinated dogfish and cabbage salad. £8.50
- Plus roasts and grills including: Suckling Pig (Rib £25, Legs £28), Milk fed lamb (£28), Txuleta (£60 per kg), Iberico presa (£80 per kg).
This will be their fifth location in the city - the first opened in 2004 in London Bridge, followed by South Kensington, Soho and Tramontana Brindisa in Shoreditch. All with their own individual style, but all focusing on the food and wine of the Eastern Med. Founder Monika Linton says: "We are very excited to be opening in the heart of the West End. Rupert St is a wonderfully discreet yet vibrant location." This one will seat 75, including a 360-degree bar and kitchen area.
Where is it? 18-20 Rupert Street, W1
And when does it open? 4 March for a soft launch - with 50% off food between 4-8th March too. To reserve a table, email email@example.com.