They've popped up at the pub before in the guise of Ground Burger, and now The Ethical Butcher is back for a full residency at The Spurstowe Arms in Hackney.
The Ethical Butcher, as the name gives away, has a specific focus on the highest ethical standards of meat production. So that means meat that's outdoor-reared, with minimal intervention, using regenerative agriculture methods, antibiotic and hormone-free and more besides. All that should lead to the quality shining through in the meat.
Their menu features:
- Ethical Butcher Steak – Every week the menu will showcase a regeneratively farmed steak from one of The Ethical Butcher’s network of UK farms
- Ethical Butcher Burger – Regeneratively certified beef patty, pasture-fed cheese, homemade relish, onion, pickle
- Sticky Teriykai Wings – soy-free chicken wings, Teriyaki, sesame, chilli.
- Persian Chicken Kebabs – soy-free chicken kebabs. Great Taste award-winning Persian recipe, organic yogurt, high grade Iranian saffron, Ras El Hanout spice, grilled lemon
- Beakbuster – Buttermilk fried, soy-free chicken thigh in a brioche bun, charred spring onions, lettuce, garlic and watercress mayonnaise
- Chips with seaweed salt – Pierre Koffmann potatoes grown in Northampton, fried in UK rapeseed oil topped with Maldon sea salt and wild-harvested kombu seaweed from the UK
- West Sussex Tomato Salad – Mixed tomatoes, grown in Nutbourne with walnut dust, smoked rapeseed oil and balsamic glaze
If you dine out with a close eye on sustainability and provenance (as is more the case these days), this should be well worth a visit.
More about The Ethical Butcher
Where is it? The Spurstowe Arms, 68 Greenwood Rd, London E8 1AB
When does it open? From 24 August 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners