The evolvement of new dining spaces post-lockdown is showing no signs of stopping anytime soon. Over at New Cross in southeast London, a bar with a heavy focus on pizza and soft-serve ice cream (already: what’s not to like?) has been creating a stir over the past few weeks. Called Radio Delicious, it opened in early July near Goldsmiths University.
“During the end of lockdown an opportunity arose with this venue [in New Cross] and we decided to create the brand Radio Delicious,” says co-owner Jamie Edwards. It’s a 45-seater space that caters for all dietary requirements (there are vegan soft-serve ice cream options and nooch – aka nutritional yeast – in the vegan pizzas) and spans daytime lunch through to drinks (New Cross Negronis from MEATLiquor or beers from Crate Brewery) with your tunes in the wee hours.
Jamie and business partner Arron Curtis (formerly Head of Retail Operations at Crate Brewery in Hackney Wick) are no strangers to successful ventures, having opened Brixton’s Electric Social together in 2011. Jamie and Aaron also had a foraging business in the Northern Romanian mountains, exporting black truffles as well as porcini mushrooms, so our expectations are high on the ingredients front.
And even if you’re not a fan of truffles, there are plenty of other non-traditional 12-inch Californian pizzas to choose from. Here’s a sample from the menu:
- Spicy Pepperoni Pizza: tomato, mozzarella, pepperoni, hot honey and chilli flakes
- Lamb Bam Billa Pizza: beet hummus, mozzarella, shredded Middle-Eastern lamb, pickled carrot/shallots/radish, Jalapeño yoghurt and coriander
- XO Pork Belly Pastrami Pizza: tomato, mozzarella, kimchi, smoked pork belly, XO sauce, spring onion, chicken crackling and Gochujang mayo
- Razzy Choc Choc Soft Serve: vanilla, raspberry sauce, chocolate and chocolate sauce
- Mmmorleys Soft Serve: vanilla, crispy chicken crackling, red pimento pepper (see pic below)
“Our aim is to spread lots of love and enjoyment through the [Radio Delicious] brand after a pretty torrid year or two for everyone as a whole,” says Jamie.
And if you’ve managed to miss them thus far, this week would be a fine time to pay attention, given they’re throwing a Black Truffle Tequila Party.
More about Radio Delicious
Where is it? 318 New Cross Road, London SE14 6AF
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners