If you’ve ever had the sudden urge for a wee dram while clothes shopping (that can’t be just us, surely?), then Harvey Nichols in Knightsbridge is about to make your day. Benjamin’s, a luxurious whisky bar has opened on the Lower Ground Floor in the Menswear department, no less (taking over the space that used to be the Wallpaper bar).
While Harvey Nichols’ The Fifth Floor has been providing gourmet reprieve for shoppers for decades, as well as libations at its bar, Benjamin’s is all about the whisky, with over 100 of them available by the dram or bottle.
Named after Harvey Nichols’ founder, Benjamin Harvey, it’s a 24-cover hideaway designed by the PEPPER Collective in midnight-blue tones with plush leather stools and mood lighting.
The cocktail list is by Rik Patel, formerly of Mayfair’s Magpie, as well as chef Tom Brown’s Cornerstone in Hackney and the critically-acclaimed Adam Handling. Here's what to expect:
- Some extremely rare whiskies, including Glengoyne 50-Year-Old and Tamdhu 50-Year-Old
- Meadow Sweet Martini: hand-foraged meadowsweet, vodka, dry French vermouth
- Nettle Leaf Negroni: nettle-infused gin, Campari, sweet vermouth
- Fig Leaf High Ball: fig leaves cordial, Scotch whisky and soda
- There will also be a daily small-plates menu highlighting some of London’s renowned produce, such as charcuterie from Cobble Lane
For the whisky averse, there will be wines by the glass, craft beers, vintage Champagne, and coffee by Origin speciality roasters.
“I’ll meet you for an Old Fashioned down in Menswear” may become the new thing to say in the changing rooms.
More about Benjamin’s
Where is it? Benjamin’s, Lower Ground Floor, Harvey Nichols, 109–125 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7RJ
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @benjaminslondon
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners