Today the rooftop restaurant at Selfridges, Forest, has just undergone its winter revamp, reopening with a new theme as a party set in an Alpine forest. It's the sixth season for the restaurant that continues to be a big hit with shoppers in the iconic Oxford Street store.
So what does the winter revamp bring? Expect glitter balls and gold and glitter accents throughout the whole restaurant and a brand new menu alongside that too. And, of course, a new winter menu from Lee Bull. That includes:
- Slow cooked pork cheek hash, fried ducks egg, sauce diable (that's it above)
- House cured salmon, pickled cucumber and horseradish blinis
- Braised ox cheek served with grilled polenta
- Organic salmon with wilted fennel and Cornish clams
- Highland venison fillet with bashed neeps and a sour cherry sauce.
Plus there will be big sharing dishes (you'll have to pre-order these) that include
- Whole suckling pig, roasted apple and josper grilled autumn vegetables
- Bannockburn Beef Wellington, charred purple sprouting broccoli and truffled jus
- Highland tomahawk steaks, herb baked split bone marrow.
Finally, their Head Pastry Chef Siobhan Ambrose finishes thngs off with Chocolate Disco, Lemon & frozen rose and a Chocolate & hazelnut delice.
As the winter nights draw in, magnums of skinny prosecco, hot cider cocktails, Gluhwein, Forest’s Choctails and mulled red wine should keep you warm in the outside sheds.