Already popular in Fulham, the Butcher's Hook is due to open a second venue, this time taking over the space that used to house the Thatched House. It'll also have a chef who used to work at Daphne's and Launceston Place at the helm.
What can you tell us about the Butcher's Hook?
The previous venue in Fulham has been an award-winner, winning The Publican’s Wine Pub of the Year, Best Wine & Food Matching and Best Healthy Eating Pub, as well as Hammersmith & Fulham Chef of the Year. The man running things is Gus Evans, who used to run Deals in Chelsea Harbour and the Big Easy on the King's Road before moving on to manage a number of pubs including The Bollo gastropub in Acton, The Salt House in St John's Wood and the Hoxton Apprentice before setting up the original Butcher's Hook.
In the kitchen is Head Chef John Stanyer, ex Daphne’s, Launceston Place and The Albion. He'll be serving a British menu, including:
- Braised chicory, poached pear, walnut & stilton salad, balsamic dressing
- Chicken, ham hock & foie gras terrine, toast, piccalilli
- Squid and blood orange salad, crispy kale
- Wild mushroom arancini, peas, broad beans, wild garlic
- Roasted fillet of hake, wholegrain mustard mash, samphire, mussels, white wine sauce
- Salt Marsh lamb rump, new potatoes, creamed savoy cabbage, rosemary jus
- Rib-eye, chips, watercress, béarnaise sauce to share
- Bakewell tart, crème anglaise
- Iced chocolate parfait, summer berries
Alongside this, there will be an all day menu of smaller plates. These wil includeWelsh rarebit, potted shrimp and Croque Monsieur, as well as dedicated kids’ menus and weekend brunches. And there will be a special lunch deal - with a dish of the day offered at £11 (e.g. Ribeye Steak on Toast with salad) - and a glass of house wine, pint of beer or a soft drink.
The pub will be getting a makeover, with a lot of attention on the garden including a new covered dining area outside.
When does it open? August 11
Where is it? 115 Dalling Road, London, W6 0ET.
For more information, find them on Twitter @thebutchershook