A Hot Dinners exclusive
Matching the changing of the seasons in the clothes sold in the store below, Selfridges’ iconic Rooftop restaurant – Forest is having a Spring makeover.
The restaurant, which is run by Des McDonald, will re-open in March with a completely new look and seasonally-inspired menu. The look will be that of an English Country garden bursting into spring.
Every month the kitchen will choose a new vegetable or fruit to celebrate. They'll be open from late breakfast onwards and dishes will include:
- New Forest pine smoked salmon with caviar dressing
- Devonshire goat’s cheese with seasonal vegetables and cobnuts
- Seared beef, salt cured egg and Keen’s Cheddar crisp
- Slow cooked wild boar and buckwheat pasta
- Cod “a la plancha” with shaved asparagus, peas and lovage (pictured)
- British strawberry & mint cheesecake
- Honey & raspberry sabayon
Out on the terrace there'll be floral themed potting sheds available for hire (handy for any Spring showers) and a sharing cocktail list along with magnums of wine and champagne.
Forest reopens on 24 March 2016 at Selfridges Roof Top, 400 Oxford Street, London W1A 1AB. Telephone 020 7318 3287. Opening hours are Mon – Tues: 11am – 9pm, Wed – Sat: 11am – 11pm, Sun: 12pm – 6pm. Keep up with their news on Twitter @forest_ldn