16/4 - Updated with opening date and menu details.
Late last year saw the extremely unexpected closure of Rawduck as nearby excavations made the building they were housed in unsafe (and also delayed the launch of nearby Oslo into the bargain).
However the folks behind Rawduck, Clare Lattin & Rory McCoy, have now finalised plans to return to the area, moving closer to London Fields and taking over the building that was once home to Unpackaged. This time, they'll have a new kitchen to play with as opposed to the panini machines of the original, so we can expect an extended menu too.
So there will be midweek breakfasts with pastries, fruits, cereals and eggs as well as dises like kasha, almond milk, coconut yoghurt & mango or broken eggs with ricotta & spinach. For lunch there will be sandwiches, salads and more, including:
- Rawduck’s Reuben with wasabi mayo,
- Shaved fennel, peas, broadbeans, salted ricotta & dill
- Radishes simmered in a dill broth with soused onions & rye
For dinner, there will be dishes like
- Hops, fiddle head ferns & wild garlic risotto,
- Steak hache, toasted brioche, hispi cabbage, yoghurt & celery slaw
- Bacon chop, lava bread & cockles
On top of that, there will be a weekend brunch and on Sunday, there's a "For the Table" section for larger sharing dishes like roast chicken & wild garlic sauce, chargrilled lamb shoulder with harissa & yoghurt and sides of garlic fries and yard beans. And drinks-wise they'll be focusing on biodynamic wines.