What: The Field
In a nutshell: Plant-based food on London Fields
Summing it all up: The Field put plants and veg first in London Fields. Se up by the man behind The Porridge Cafe, expect a very veg menu but with the option to pimp up with meat or fish, if you want.
The Field is the latest restaurant from Nik Williamson, the man behind The Porridge Cafe, and he's teamed up with chef Ryan Petty for this latest venture, just opened in London Fields.
Being a "plant-based" menu, as you can imagine - vegetables are the star here - main courses are veg, meat is the supplement/side. Here's a taste of what's on the dinner menu (3 courses for £26, 5 courses for £32):
- Zucchini, White Asparagus, Barley, Almonds
- Agnolotti - Cavolo Nero, Pine Nuts, Cocoa Butter, Pine
- Seaweed, Mushrooms, Sea Purslane, Celeriac, Olive (add hake as an extra)
- Roasted Cauliflower - Sweet Potato, Kale, Romanesco, Roasted Vegetable and Cumin Jus (add chicken as an extra)
- Sweet Corn Custard and Lions Mane Tart
Lunch offers bowl food (like Papardelle Putanesca and Red Wild Rice and Grilled Romaine Lettuce Salad) as well as snacks, sourdough and more.
More about The Field
Where is it? 358-360 Westgate St, London E8 3RN
When does it open? Open now
How to book: Email email@example.com.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners