It's interesting - now that we have a full and clear idea of when restaurants can open, a number of London's most prestigious restaurants are offering delivery for the first time since we started going in and out of lockdowns. We've certainly been waiting a long time to hear what The Clove Club would do and today they've revealed that they're going to be doing a weekly at-home delivery.
"We wanted to create something really special for people who are missing going out to restaurants," says chef and owner Isaac McHale, "and also bring The Clove Club to those who haven’t had a chance to visit us in London."
So how hard will this box be to put together? According to Isaac, there's "just enough interactivity to make it fun, but not too daunting."
The first menu gives an indication of what to expect:
- Snacks - Ogleshield Puffs and Cod’s Roe and Smoked Ricotta with Crudites & Hemp Bread Crackers
- Cold Smoked Wiltshire Trout, Almond Milk, Watercress & Kombu
- Orkney Scallop Baked in Brioche, Ramsons & Elderberry capers
- Blonde Lentil Veloute, Veal & Perigord Truffle
- Glazed Dartmoor Beef, Jerusalem Artichoke & Pickled Walnut
- Yoghurt Mousse with Blood Orange and Rhubarb Compote & Ginger Sponge
- Petit fours
For the highest place restaurant in the World's 50 Best List it's not too punchily priced - coming in at £95 per person. That includes house-made bread and house churned butter, snacks to begin, five courses including dessert and then three sweets to finish.
They're promising to change it at the very least monthly. And, if you want, you can opt for a wine pairing or - interestingly - a soft drinks pairing, which feels like a real innovation.
More about The Clove Club at Home
Where is it? Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old St, London EC1V 9LT
How to order? On their delivery website
Delivery radius: Nationwide
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners