During a previous lockdown SOLA, Victor Garvey's restaurant with Californian influences in Soho (see our most recent Test Drive) kicked off a series of special bento boxes. This time around, he's going for the full at-home experience with a meal kit that aims to be an experience as close to the restaurant as possible.
There are three menus, Omnivore, Pescatarian and Vegetarian and they're changing slightly as the weeks continue. Here's how the current menu looks for Omnivores:
- Blood Orange Negroni
- Pistachio-crusted, Smoked Swordfish, N25 Oscietra Caviar
- Octopus Carpacccio, Squid Ink & Truffle Mayonnaise, Blood Orange Salad
- Scallop, 24-month Parmesan-Reggiano Fondue, Truffle, Crispy Pancetta
- Braised Lamb Neck, Cinnamon Caponata, Polenta Cake
- Manjari Chocolate Croustillant; Honeycomb, Rosemary, Sea Salt
- Italian Citrus Chocolates - Blood Orange / Siracusa Lemon / Ruby Grapefruit
For vegetarians they substitute the meal/fish courses with:
- Burrata, Smoked Tomato Consommé, Basil Oil
- Asparagus Bavarois, Olives, Sundried Tomatoes, Fresh Herbs
- Roast Pepper Risotto, Goat’s Cheese, Morels, Truffle, Confit Tomato Puree
- Mediterranean Terrine en croute, Jus, Cinnamon Caponata
There will only be 40 boxes produced every week - so get in early if you want to grab one - and they'll also have some bottles from the SOLA wine list available.
If it's for a special occasion and you trust your piping skills, you can even ask for a complimentary piping bag of tempered chocolate so you can write a message on the plate. See - it's JUST like a restaurant!
More about SOLA
Where is it? 64 Dean St, Soho, London W1D 4QQ
Where do they deliver? Nationwide
How to book: Order it online.
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @solasoho
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners