If you haven't been able to make it to Breddos either pre or post lockdown but still crave their tacos - then this is for you. The Breddos founders, Nud Dudhia and Chris Whitney, have just teamed up with Kitchen Venture to launch Tacos El Rey - a delivery-only tacos restaurant.
Currently serving East and West from Bethnal Green and Hammersmith (with Shoreditch on the way), there's a mix of tacos, bigger plates and burritos. Here's a taster of the menu:
- Beef rib barbecoa taco - Slow cooked beef rib and brisket marinated in house adobo.
- Cochinita Pork Pibil taco - Spicy braised pork shoulder, x ni pec and coriander.
- Pollo Al Pastor - Free range chicken marinated in achiote, guajillo, garlic and spices, served with tortillas, salsa, black beans, coriander and Mexican rice.
- Whole Grilled Cauliflower Al Pastor - Grilled cauliflower, achiote, guajillo chile and avocado salsa. Served with corn tortillas, salsa, black beans, coriander and Mexican rice.
- Mexican style Squash and Potato Chorizo burrito
Plus they've got Supreme nachos (topped with beef barbacoa or pork or chicken or cauliflower or squash), crushed fried potatoes with Parmesan and corn chips with guacamole.
So if you see this coming up in your scroll through Deliveroo or Uber Eats tonight, bear in mind that it's from the Breddos folk.
For more, follow them on Instagram @tacoselreyuk.
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners