Cuban supperclub Cuca is getting ready for a series of supperclubs every Thursday in August. Set up by Luís Gonzalez-Castro, it's named after his grandmother in Miami and the menu is filled with dishes from his childhood and his grandmother's recipes. Those recipes were hidden in the family's belongings when they fled Cuba 60 years ago and have now made it to London.
It's a tapas-style menu - with some wonderful sounding dishes throughout:
- Tostones - plaintain disks topped with prawns, lime and mango. cooked in mayonnaise.
- Arroz imperial - chicken cooked in a creamy sauce and sofrito and layered with rice
- Ropa vieja, literally meaning ‘old clothes’ - pulled beef in a rich, tomatoey sauce, served alongside moros y cristianos, a rice dish made with black beans
- Ensalada de toronja, with lettuce, avocado and pink grapefruit, the perfect palate-cleansing dish
- Black bean empanadas
- Tres leches cake, light sponge cake drenched with three different types of milk
- The Havana mess - meringue topped with coconut rum-soaked mascarpone, tropical fruit and a drizzle of guava sauce
- Bocado de principe, a rum-drenched vanilla-y sponge cake fit for a king, dusted with cinnamon.
The supperclub will be taking over Reineta at Dicken’s Yard and will be there for just three nights in August.
More about Cuca
Where is it? Reinata, Unit 9A Dickens Yard, London W5 2TD
When? 6,13 and 20 August 2020
How to book: Email email@example.com
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @cocinacuca.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners