They've already opened Smokestak for Saturday delivery/pickup - now it's the time of David Carter and Chris Leach's Manteca. However, this isn't Manteca served from their Soho restaurant - instead, the team has headed east and are also using Smokestak as a base for delivery and takeaway for Manteca at Home.
Like Smokestak, it's a Saturday-only affair - so you could just alternate between Manteca and Smokestak every Saturday and have a very pleasant lockdown indeed. The menu features some of the very best of the Soho restaurant which, yes, includes their amazing cod's roe and pink fir potatoes which we fell in love with. Here's what's on the menu:
- Focaccia by the slab - £3.50
- Mortadella - £5
- Pork and fennel sausage, roasted grape mostarda (£5)
- Smoked cod's rod, pink fir potatoes (£6)
- Pappardelle, ox cheek ragu (£9)
- Tonnarelli, brown crab cacio e pepe (£9)
- Agnolotti del plin, pork, hazelnuts (£9)
- Rolled pork belly, apple ketchup (£12)
- Chocolate cremoso, hazelnuts, mascarpone (£5)
And on top of that, there's a package for two people (£35) and four (£60).
Everything is prepared and ready for you to cook/finish off at home, so you can have it delivered earlier in the day for a Saturday evening feast.
More about Manteca at Home
Where is it? Smokestak - 35 Sclater St, Shoreditch, London E1 6LB
When does it deliver? Collection and delivery 12pm - 6pm
Delivery range: E1, E2, E3, E8, E9, E1W, EC1, EC2, EC3, N1, N16
How to book: On their online shop
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @manteca_london.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners