What: A Slice of Blue
In a nutshell: Pizza pub in Clapton
Summing it all up: A team-up between the founders of Santa Maria and Firezza, this is bringing pizzas, beer and music under one roof in Clapton - creating a new-style pizza pub in the process.
More from Santa Maria is on the way as they are getting ready to open something new for them - essentially a pizza pub in Clapton called A Slice of Blue.
The new place sees Santa Maria founders Angelo Ambrosio & Pasquale Chionchio teaming up with Edin Basic, the founder of Firezza. They're aiming to create a space where you can "eat some pizza, drink craft beer, listen to some fine music".
Pizzas will be Santa Maria pizzas, some of the very best in town - you'll find them on our round-up of the best and they've also been voted best pizza by Time Out. Here's a taster of what's on their menu:
- Santa Carmela - Tomato sauce, mozzarella, cotto ham, mushrooms, parmesan
- San Filippo - Tomato Sauce, mozzarella, peppers, courgettes, aubergines, parmesan
- San Giuseppe - Smoked Mozzarella, rare breed Yorkshire Sausage, parmesan, friarielli (wild broccoli)
- Santa Matilde - Pumpkin cream base, smoked Mozzarella, ‘nduja, rare breed Yorkshire Sausage
- Santa Valentina - Yellow datterino vine tomato sauce, smoked mozzarella, ‘nduja
Beers will be mainly from East London breweries with plenty of guest beers too. And for music, they'll be hosting musicians, rappers, street poets and DJs and, if you fancy playing a set there, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're wondering about that name, they say it comes from their favourite jazz, food and drink influences (record labels like Blue Note, and "the blue of Napoli" included).
More about A Slice of Blue
Where is it? 43 Lower Clapton Rd, Lower Clapton, London E5 0NS
When does it open? 20 February 2020
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @asliceofblue.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners