What: Market Hall West End
In a nutshell: Food Court replaces BHS
Summing it all up: The march of the food court continues with the latest Market Hall coming to Oxford Street. A huge site, this features 11 food traders, 4 bars and a roof terrace too.
It truly is the time of the food court. We've already had Arcade Food Theatre and Kerb's Seven Dials Market launch in 2019, and now here comes the biggest - Market Hall West End.
By the same people who brought you the Victoria and Fulham Halls, this takes over the old BHS site, so it's pretty much the most prominently placed food court yet, and bound to be a refuge for shoppers on Oxford Street. It will have 11 traders, 4 bars, and events space, a roof terrace and "a custom-built face-to-camera kitchen TV studio." That last bit will be used by Twisted to do interviews, podcasts and recipes. Full details on that are still to be revealed.
As for who will be serving up food - there's:
- Gopal's Corner - also at Victoria, the Roti King spin-off
- Cookdaily - serving up vegan food
- Yatai by Angelo Sato - probably the one everyone's watching, with katsu sandos, chirashi sushi bowls and more on the menu
- BaoziInn - more colourful dumplings
- Hotbox - with BBQ food including Korean-glazed pork belly
- Super Tacos - by Nud Dudhia and Chris Whitney, the founders of Breddos
- Paradise City Pizza - huge New York-style pizzas
- Good Birds by Flank - an offshoot of Flank, this time focusing on chicken with dishes like slow-smoked chicken naan with green chilli sauce and lime yoghurt.
- Pastaio - Stevie Parle's pasta bar
- Fanny's Kebabs - yes, they'll be serving kebabs plus harissa hot wings, Persian fries and more.
- Pleasant Lady - from the people behind Wun's they'll be serving up their amazing Jian Bing (traditional Chinese savoury crépes)
And that rooftop bar looks like being a big destination - with a retractable roof, of course - featuring a taproom and a cocktail bar.
More about Market Hall West End
Where is it? 9 Holles Street, London, W1G 0BN
When does it open? 15 November 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners