They have success with The Shed, Rabbit and Nutbourne and now The Gladwin Brothers are opening their fourth restaurant, Sussex, in the space that used to be Arbutus.
As you might imagine from the name, it's all influenced by Sussex and, unlike their previous restaurants, is moving away from sharing plates. Here's a taste of the menu:
- Smoked Trout Cornettos with Blood Orange Pearls and Dill Powder
- Beef & Horseradish Crackling with Burnt Onion Emulsion
- Hand Dived Scallops, Blood Pudding, Jerusalem Artichoke ‘Mud and Bark’ with Lemon Sour Cream
- Aubergine & Whey Cheese Roulade served with Tomato Harissa and Basil Dust
- Roasted Brill with Devon Crab Ravioli and Sea Herbs Buttered ‘Blewits’ served on a Sourdough Crumpet with Labneh, Duck Egg Yolk, Buckwheat and Wood Sorrel
- Pork Tenderloin served with Malted Pig’s Cheek, Rainbow Chard, Lardo and Broken Hazelnut English Miso
- Dandelion Custard Tart and Stewed Plums served with Marigold Milk Junket
- Hazelnut Sherbet or the renowned Dark Chocolate & Salt Caramel Viennetta.
They'll have a separate bar section at the front and a chef's table downstairs for 20. And you can expect a fair few wines from their Sussex vineyard Nutbourne to appear on the menu too.
Photo by Rebecca Dickinson
More about Sussex
Where is it? 63-64 Frith St, Soho, London W1D 3JW
When does it open? 4 November 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners