We're well into the food and drink awards season at the moment. Following the AA Awards earlier this week, we have the turn of The YBF's who held their awards do last night. The awards are there to recocgnise and champion upcoming British talent, with judges that included Marina O’Loughlin, Yotam Ottolenghi and James Knappett.
- Alcohol - Lucy Do, The Dodo Micropub
- Chef - Santiago Lastra, Kol
- Honorary - Raphael Dapaah & Kwaku Dapaah, Dapaah Chocolates
- Meat - Lizzy Douglas, The Black Pig Butchers
- Baking - Anna Higham, Lyles + Flor
- Food Sharing - Emeka Frederick & Ifeyinwa Frederick, Chuku's
- Vegetable - Kathy Slack, Gluts + Gluttony
- Front of House - Haley Sugden, The Old Custom House St Ives
- Giving Back - Lee Wakeham, H.M. Pasties
- Fresh voices in Food Writing - Oliver Guy, Metropolitan Food Archives
With Santiago Lastra opening his restaurant Kol next year, he's definitely one to watch.
For more about the YBFs, visit their website.
Photo by Xanthe Clay.
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners