What: Tapas Revolution Westfield Stratford
In a nutshell: Tapas and shopping
Summing it all up: Omar Allibhoy is back in East London with the latest Tapas Revolution. This time around, there will be a lot of paella on the menu - and "Press for Cava" buttons.
Omar Allibhoy's Tapas Revolution first started out in East London, opening originally in Shoreditch, and now he's back with his latest site in Westfield Stratford. He's been quite busy in the meantime too. As well as the Tapas Revolution in Westfield London on the other side of town, he's opened another six of them all over the country.
This latest is a full restaurant, seating 100 and with an outside terrace too. On the menu is:
- Slow-roasted Iberian pork shank served with roasted piquillo peppers and tomato tapenade (Codillo de Cerdo Asado)
- Pan-roasted loin of cod served with slow-cooked red peppers and green olive salsa verde (Bacalao con Piperrada y Olivas).
- Beef and pork meatballs in a rich tomato and vegetable 'sofrito' sauce.
- Sliced Galician octopus layered on baby new potatoes dressed with sweet smoked paprika and extra virgin olive oil.
- Tiger prawns with garlic and chilli oil
- Baked chorizo sausage, potatoes and free range egg (huevos rotos)
Plus paella will be a big thing - made with rice from the Albufera wetlands, handmade stock, saffron, smoked paprika, and served in the traditional wide-bottomed pan. There will be:
- Paella Valencia - Cooked with chicken, green beans, artichokes, red peppers and rosemary.
- Paella De Marisco - Made with shellfish: squid, tiger prawns, mussels & red pepper.
- Arroz Negro - Cooked slowly in a traditional terracotta clay pot with shellfish & squid ink.
- Paella De Verduras - With a mix of seasonal vegetables, including artichokes, aubergine, peppers, leeks, onion, green beans & rosemary.
In addition to all of this, the new restaurant will also have a cava bar, with 24 Cavas by the bottle and five by the glass - as well as two VIP bodega booths (you can see them in the pic below) that come with a "press for Cava" button. Because "press for" booze buttons are always welcome.
More about Tapas Revolution Westfield Stratford
Where is it? Chestnut Plaza, Westfield Stratford City, E20 1GL
When does it open? 14 October 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners