11/6/19 - updated with opening date and offer
What: Sub Cult
In a nutshell: Award-winning sandwiches in the City.
Summing it all up: They've been street food legends for five years and now Sub Cult are getting a much-deserved permanent place in the City. With brand new subs along with the classics, this looks like your new City lunch spot.
They've had hugely popular pop-ups and residencies and five years of experience as street food vendors - and now sandwich legends Ben Chancellor and Gareth Phillips' Sub Cult finally has a permanent place in the City. They've been winning awards all along the way and have often collaborated with Michelin-starred chefs on top sarnies (hopefully we'll see some of those at the new place).
Obviously, the menu is all about their amazing sandwiches. And it all kicks off in the morning with breakfast subs:
- Skandi Sub – oak smoked salmon, cream cheese, beetroot kimchi and dill
- Sub-Conscious – seared seitan, harissa and roasted peppers (vegan)
- The Sub Contractor’ - streaky bacon, white pudding and a baked egg (their take on the full English)
And then for the rest of the day, there's...
- The Rodeo Sub – bavette steak, truffle mayo, onion jam, chilli oil and parmesan
- Sub Marine’ - slow cooked pork, marinated calamari, salsa verde mayonnaise crackling and torched scallops, hand-dived sustainably in Brixham, Devon by Britannia Shellfish.
- Subano (new, pictured below) - Sub Cult’s take on a Cubano, with roast pork, honey glazed ham, swiss cheese, smoked chilli mayonnaise and Pama Creations pickles
- Queen Bee (new) - paying homage to Queen Boudicca, with slow roasted chicken, smoked ham hock, wild garlic aioli, Wilderbee’s Urban Chilli Honey with a cheddar and chive crumb.
- Subterranean - braised Portobello mushrooms, truffle mayonnaise, stilton, roast garlic and thyme
- The Black & Blue (vegan) - seared Seitan, braised Portobello mushroom, vegan Hellman’s truffle mayo, chilli oil, onion jam and vegan blue cheese from Brixton vegan cheesemongers La Fauxmagerie.
On top of all that, there will be morning pastries from family-run east end bakery Rinkoff’s, sweets from fellow streetfood sellers A Pie Party as well as salads and tater tots.
Inside, there will be room for 14 if you fancy eating in - and of course, there's a takeaway counter. So if you're in the City, looking for great sandwiches, these look like they'll definitely do the trick.
More about Sub Cult
Where is it? 82 Watling Street, London EC4M 9BX
When does it open? 19 June 2019
Opening offer: 200 free sandwiches to the first 200 customers.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners