What: The Upper Place
In a nutshell: Holloway's Nags Head Market gets a makeover
Summing it all up: Holloway Road's food scene gets a further boost with news that the Nags Head Market is being extended for more street food traders.
From the outside, the Nags Head Market in Holloway is pretty unprepossessing, but in recent years it's been developing quite a food presence. There's Zen Washoku turning out decent sushi at low rent prices, the teeny Ho-ja Taiwanese stall and the "100% vegan and about 80% Lebanese" Hoxton Beach Cafe among others.
Now the folk who took Tooting Broadway Market to the next level, are opening a dedicated street food market on the first floor here, with 17 traders taking up residence.
We already knew about Three Uncles who'll be serving up Cantonese roasted meats, but we now have details on a few more traders:
- Paneria have three bakeries in Rome - and the man behind them is also responsible for The Italian Job pubs in London.
- Maize Blaze – a Colombian-inspired street food concept, they already have a kiosk in Camden Market serving up grilled chorizo and chicken dishes.
- Dirty Bagels are also to be found in Spitalfields Market. Their speciality is pulled-pork bagels with blowtorched cheese.
- Que Que are doing Dominican-style street food. That means empanadas (both meaty and vegan) along with a range of South American carbs - tostones, maduros, yaniqueques, yucca frita and more.
- The Smoketeers are Brazilian who are locals to the area and are all about slow-cooked meats
- Pasta Mood - home-made pasta
- OT ‘Original Taste’ - Italian burger concept
- Call Me Arancina - you an probably guess what they're selling...
It all cements this little spot of Holloway as a growing foodie hub. They'll be smoking meats on site and making pasta every day and you'll even be able to come here for workshops and cookery classes.
Meats are set to be smoked on site and pasta will be made fresh every morning. Customers will be also be encouraged to sign up for regular workshops and cooking classes that will be announced in the future.
More about The Upper Place
Where is it? The Upper Place, 11 Hertslet Road, London N7 6AG
When does it open? w/c 24 June 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners