What: Redemption Bar Covent Garden
In a nutshell: Healthy food on Seven Dials
Summing it all up: This is the third Redemption Bar to hit London, which focuses on healthy eating, including lots of vegan and gluten-free options. And there's an alcohol-free cocktail bar on top of that.
They've already opened in Shoreditch and Notting Hill and now Redemption Bar are heading to the centre of town with their latest opening in Covent Garden. If you're not familiar with the bar, it's all about a focus on healthy food with offer wholefood, vegan and gluten-free dishes the basis of the menu. Here's an idea of what will be on the menu:
- Californication (£9.25) - roasted sweet potato and red onion hash with mushrooms, kale, spinach, rosemary and a squeeze of lemon
- Bolognese & brown rice penne pasta (£9.75) a rich tomato, purple sweet potato and shitake mushroom bolognese sauce with roasted pecan ‘parmesan’ and wild rocket
- Kale Caesar (£10.75) - chopped kale, cashew-tahini caesar dressing, garlic croutons and capers topped with roasted pecan ‘parmesan
- Pulled barbecued jack (£12.95) - slow cooked jackfruit in sweet ‘n’ smoky barbecue sauce with crunchy iceberg in an oat bun served with turmeric superslaw and sweet potato chunky fries
- Asparagus & pea black rice risotto (£14.75) - asparagus, spring onions and summer peas with black nerone rice topped with salsa verde, pecan nut ‘parmesan’ and tendril pea shoots
- Banoffee pie (£6.95) - a chewy oaty biscuit base with a sticky medjool date salted caramel, banana and coconut yoghurt cream
This new bar will seat 45 people but will have a takeaway menu where you can build a Buddha Bowl from "seasonal vegetables, fruit, pulse-based salads, nuts, seeds and homemade dips."
And on top of that - they'll have an alcohol-free cocktail bar - featuring a "pious pina colada" and a "frozen pineapple margarita" alongside lots more alcohol-free options.
Photo by Claire Menary.
More about Redemption Bar
Where is it? 15 Shorts Gardens / 2 Neal’s Yard, Seven Dials, London WC2H 9AT.
When does it open? December 2018
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners