A well designed bar or restaurant can really catch the eye, as we remembered only this week as we entered the VERY impressive dining room at Jason Atherton's newly opened Berners Tavern.
That restaurant has to be in with a good chance in next year's Restaurant and Bar Design Awards, but in the meantime London's had a very good showing in this year's - with Bubbledogs, Tramshed, Newman Street Tavern and more all getting nods. And Atrium Champagne Bar in London won the overall Best Bar award (while Höst in Denmark got the Best Restaurant nod).
The full list of UK winners is as follows:
- Standalone bar or club: The Lost & Found / Kai Design
- London Bar: The Roxy / Design LSM
- London Restaurant: Tramshed / Waugh Thistleton
- Restaurant or bar in a heritage building: Apero / Dexter Moren Associates
- Standalone restaurant: &Kitchen Table – Bubbledogs / B3 Designers
- Restaurant or bar in a hotel: Atrium Champagne Bar / Foster and Partners
- Fast / casual: Kerbisher and Malt (Ealing) / Alexander Waterworth Interiors
- Restaurant or bar in a transport space: Jamie’s Italian (Gatwick Airport) / Blacksheep
- Pub: Newman Street Tavern / Concorde BGW
- Multiple Restaurant: Piccolino Cicchetti / Robert Angell Design Studio
- Pop Up: The Wahaca Southbank Experiment (UK) / Softroom
- Restaurant or bar in another space: Burgers & Cocktails by Giraffe / Harrison
- Restaurant or bar in a retail space: The Corner (Selfridges) / Stiff & Trevillion
- Multiple Bar or Club: Baroosh / Harrison
To check out some of the winners, take a look at the gallery below. For more info on the awards, head over to the official website.