Updated 5/8/2015 with new soft launch details.
The ongoing march of the mighty Tonkostu continues. This time they're taking Tsuru Bankside (run by the same people) and relaunching it as Tonkotsu Bankside.
The renovation is well underway and they're planning to reopen in August with the brand new look (see above). While it'll be keeping tonkatsu (that's the breaded pork) on the menu for the regulars, the rest of the menu will have a Tonkotsu revamp. The menu will have Chilli Chicken Ramen added (currently only available at Selfridges) and otherwise expect the full range of ramen alongside Chicken Karaage, King Prawn Katsu, Crab and Pumpkin Korokke (croquettes), handmade gyoza and much more.
And there are some new dishes too:
- Mazesoba - Thick noodles, intense broth, chili pork mince, pork belly and a raw egg to be stirred in - pictured above
- Clam Sakamushi - Clams and Shimeji mushrooms blanched in sake
Plus they'll be adding a new range of house cocktails, including:
- Pure Malt Manhattan - Nikka whisky, Cocchi vermouth, bitters
- Grey Goose Vodka Martini - GG vodka, Martini Extra Dry
- Negroni - Tanqueray, Martini rosso, Campari
- Japanese Mac - Nikka whisky, Umeshu, Stone's ginger wine
- My Friend Martin - Tanqueray, Chase elderflower, Early grey tea, Cardamon bitters, Fever Tree elderflower tonic
- Penicillico - El Jimador tequila, Gusano rojo mezcal, Stone's ginger wine, Fever Tree ginger ale
Those cocktails will also be launching in the Soho Tonkotsu on 30 June.
Tonkotsu Bankside opens at 4 Canvey Street, London SE1 9AN. There will be a soft launch with 50% off food on Friday 7 August from 12-3pm, 5-10.30pm and Saturday 8 August 12-10.30pm. It's all for walk-ins only.
Keep up with the latest from them on @tonkotsulondon