The great and the good (as well as yours truly) gathered in the ruined hall of Battersea Power Station last night to celebrate the publication of the Evening Standard's Power 1000 - a list of London's most influential folk.
Boris Johnson was there to toast the crowd, many of whom he rightly deduced were 'under the influence' as well as being influential. Having delivered a bombastic speech he became uncharacteristically lost for words when we asked him what his favorite restaurants in London were. All we could get out of him was that it was Turkish and in Islington.
We bumped into chef Jason Atherton, there with his wife Irha (pictured below with Polpo's Russell Norman) on a rare night off from his new restaurant Berners Tavern and the refurb of Pollen Street Social. Where was he planning on going afterwards? To Flesh and Buns.
Also in the crowd were Koya chef Junya Yamasaki, Adam Hyman - creator of the brilliant restaurant industry newsletter Code London, supperclub founder and food writer James Ramsden and Kerstin Rodgers - aka Ms Marmite Lover.
A whole section of this year's list was devoted to the movers and shakers of the London food world. Hot Dinners founder Catherine & Gavin Hanly were on the list for the second year in a row, which this year featured:
- Catherine and Gavin Hanly (er - that'd be us, then)
- Ollie Dabbous - chef
- Jamie Oliver
- Christopher Corbin and Jeremy King - Delaunay, Wolseley et al
- Heston Blumenthal
- Richard Caring - Caprice Holdings
- Des Gunewardena - D&D restaurants
- Russell Norman - restaurateur
- Nigella Lawson
- Gizzi Erskine - chef and food writer
- Fay Maschler - Standard's restaurant critic
- Fergus Henderson - St John
- Carl Clarke - chef behind Disco Bistro
- Chris and Jeff Galvin - chefs/restaurateurs
- Ruth Rogers - chef
- Petra Barran - brains behind Kerb London
- Amelia Rope - chocolatier
- Ole-Martin Hansen (of Hansen & Lyderson)
- Giles Coren - Times restaurant critic
- Dom Cools-Lartigue - founder Street Feast
- Matt Atkinson, Matt Hill, Adam Brudnowski - Picco Salumi charcutiers
- Will Beckett and Huw Gott - Hawksmoor
- Richard Johnson - Street Food Awards
- Harriet Hastings and Stevie Congdon - The Biscuiteers
- Jackson Boxer - restaurateur
- Jenny Dawson - jam-maker Rubies in the Rubble
- Giles Gibbon - Sustainable Restaurant Association
- Martin Morales - Ceviche
- Paul Winch-Furness - photographer
- Chris Pople - blogger Cheese and Biscuits
To read the list - and find out exactly why everyone made it onto it - go to the Evening Standard Power 1000 page.