Manuka Kitchen is one of those rare restaurants that AA Gill has awarded five stars for food (9/10 overall) so anything from the same people is definitely worth paying attention to.
The owners, Joseph Antippa and Tyler Martin, are getting ready to open their second restaurant Salt and Honey in Sussex Place, just north of Hyde Park. It'll be a 50 seater restaurant on three levels (and two of those can be converted into private dining rooms).
Leading the food will be co-owner Head Chef Tyler Martin, who's also come over from Manuka Kitchen which he launched with Antippa. He'll have a menu that will "concentrate on British ingredients with occasional forays into Europe and Australasia." In practice that means dishes like:
- Poached peach, endive, truffle honey dressing
- Seared scallops, truffled corn velouté, lardo di Colonnata
- Foie gras, salt and honey, brioche
- Heirloom carrots, ash goat’s cheese, quinoa, pine nuts
- Manuka honey glazed salmon, shaved fennel, pomegranate
- Wagyu beef bolognaise, hand cut pasta, rocket pesto
- Market fish, truffle mash, clams, oyster mushrooms, parsley
- Set lemon crème, granola praline, meringue
- Salted caramel pannacotta