Throughout Summer, the Selfridges rooftop has been a BBQ hotspot with the Q on the Roof pop-up. But with BBQing season drawing to a close (outside, anyway) Selfridges has joined up with Des McDonald (also behind Q) to launch the winter themed Le Chalet.
This time, the roof is being transformed into the look of a traditional ski chalet - which means lots of wintry ferns and timber branches throughout. On the terrace, there will be a log cabin and a hot chocolate cocktail bar to warm you up too.
The menu will be inspired by and created by the people behind its predecessor, Q Grill - with dishes changed to reflect the season.
- Starters include: Cornish crab served with pickled celeriac and Colman’s mustard, Peppered tuna with wasabi avocado and Endive & pear salad with shaved pecorino and hazelnuts.
- Mains will feature: Spit roasted suckling pig with apple & black pudding fritters, Buttermilk crispy chicken with blue cheese fondue, Lobster macaroni and a selection of seafood.
- Sides include: Roasted roots with honey and thyme and Broccoli with chilli and garlic.
- And finally, the desserts will feature: Eggnog snow egg, Apple streusel with custard, Black forest cheesecake and Brandy and vanilla rice pudding.
Drinks-wise, the hot chocolate cocktail bar does sound like something to seek out. Le Chalet's 'choctails' include;
- El Dorado’; a concoction of El Dorado, cinnamon and hot chocolate
- ‘Pumpkin Pie’; Stolichnaya with pumpkin and hot chocolate
- ‘Kailua’; a blend of bourbon, coconut and hot chocolate.
If you need more warming up, you'll be able to have a chocolate cocktail on the porch of the chalet with a cigar "from a specially crafted selection by James J. Fox".
But if some Selfridges shoppers aren't quite the hot chocolate types, there's also a juice menu from The Juicery. Their "apres-ski menu" features: Superfood hot chocolate, Espresso maca, SuperPower espresso shot and Superfood teas.
Le Chalet starts on the roof of Selfridges, 400 Oxford Street, W1H 6HB on 22 October. It'll be open daily from 11am - 11pm. The entrance is via the express lift in the Fragrance Hall on the ground floor.