Now soft launched in the City, Urban Coterie is the latest offering from Anthony Demetre, previously best known for Arbutus in Soho. He's joined up with Head Chef Martin Zahumensky for a seasonal British menu at the top of the M by Montcalm at Old Street (the building with the perspective that makes you feel you've gone slightly mad - you'll know if you've seen it).
It's a combination of restaurant, "Sky Bar" and members' club and the menu includes:
- Potato doughnuts, Parmesan £3.50
- Ox tongue, green vegetables, crisp tripe, oyster mayo £7.50
- Autumn leaves, curd, fermented plum, candied walnuts £7.50
- Octopus, sweet potato £5.50
- Pork belly, carrots, grapefruit, liquorice £16.50
- Grilled Monkfish, cockles, kale, rosemary and anchovy vinaigrette £18.00
- Warm chocolate mousse, toasted rice ice cream £7.50
Plus they've got some sharing dishes on offer too - including shin of veal and "Rabbit in many guises".
Urban Coterie is open now on soft launch until 5 November at 151-157 City Rd, London EC1V 1JH. Find out more from them on Twitter @urbancoterie