There's always appetite for a new afternoon tea and the one that's just launched at Anna Hansen's Modern Pantry in Finsbury Square sounds very different to the norm. Anna and her Head Pastry Chef Jennifer Moseley have come up with a six course menu split into sweet and savoury which you can choose to pair with craft beers, or matched teas.
Quite frankly, one look at the menu makes us want to book right now:
- Dhansak spiced veal mince pai tee, tamarind yoghurt, puffed wild rice.
- Gochugaru & spring onion scone, pulled pork, umeboshi mayonnaise, fennel kimchee
- Kashmiri masala beetroot, carrot, potato & spring onion hash, poached quail egg, moromi miso & yuzu hollandaise, toasted seeds
- Lemon & ajowan scone, The Modern Pantry gooseberry jam, clotted cream
- Chocolate, peanut butter & miso caramel shortbread
- Pink peppercorn financier, rhubarb, Neal’s Yard crème fraiche
The beers in question come from UK breweries like the Canopy Beer Co in South London and Wildcard Brewery while the teas are from Lalani & Co who specialise in sourcing small-batch teas.
The afternoon tea is served at the Modern Pantry at The Alphabeta Building, 14 Finsbury Square EC2A 1AH from 3pm-5pm, Monday to Saturday in the main dining room, and must be booked in advance. The starting price is £25 with the tea pairing at £30 and the beer menu at £35.