What: Pizzeria 50 Kalò di Ciro Salvo
In a nutshell: Top Naples pizzeria comes to London
Summing it all up: Another one of Naples' top pizza restaurants is coming to London. This time it's the turn of iconic pizzeria 50 Kalò di Ciro Salvo, and it's all about the dough...
It seems that Naples top pizza places are all after a slice of the pie in London as we're about to see another top Neapolitan pizzeria open in the city. This time it's Pizzeria 50 Kalò di Ciro Salvo, who are heading for a place just off Trafalgar Square. And they're aiming to mimic the success of the original as much as possible, sourcing their huge pizza oven from the same people who supplied the oven in the original.
And it's really all about the dough - the 50 Kalo refers to "good dough". The release says Ciro Salvo is bringing "his idea of Pizza and high hydration dough, his continuous research for the best Campanian produce and raw materials and when possible sourcing from the best supplier available locally." The pizzas will be a similar list to the original - here's a taste of what's on the menu:
- FRITTATINA DI BUCATINI - Eggless pasta omelette: Bucatini, Bechamel sauce, Provola Smoked Cheese, cooked ham
- RIPIENO FRITTO CLASSICO - Ricotta soft cheese, Provola Smoked Cheese "Cicoli" cured pork meat, black pepper (their famed pizza fritti)
- 50 KALÒ (MARINARA CON SCAROLE) - Casa Marrazzo Cherry tomatoes, Steamed Escarole, garlic, black taggiasca olives, Capers, Colline Salernitane's Extra virgin Olive Oil (also available as marinara)
- CARCIOFI E CAPOCOLLO DI MARTINA FRANCA - Fior di Latte Cheese, Roasted Artichokes hearts, Martina Franca's Capocollo (Cured Pork Neck), Colline Salernitane's Extra virgin Olive Oil
- GIALLA CON IL TONNO - Casa Marrazzo Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, Mozzarella di Bufala, cheese, Mediterranean Tuna Filets, Olive Oil and Lemon marinated runner beans, Colline Salernitane's Extra virgin Olive Oil
- CARBONARA - Fior di Latte cheese, pancetta dry cured pork cheek, Organic Egg, Parmesan DOP 24 months, black pepper, Colline Salernitane's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- VEGETARIANA - Sauteed Wild Mushrooms, Pumpkins Cream, Fior di Latte Cheese, Roasted Sweet Peppers, Colline Salernitane's Extra virgin Olive Oil
- VEGANA - Sauteed Wild Mushrooms, Pumpkins Cream, Roasted Sweet Peppers, Colline Salernitane's Extra virgin Olive Oil
For the booze, expect wine from the Campania region and plenty of Italian craft beers as well as a focus on Champagne as they want to encourage "pizza and bubbles".
More about 50 Kalò di Ciro Salvo
Where is it? 7 Northumberland Ave, London SW1A 2DR
When does it open? Previewing 12 July from 7pm and fully open 13 July 2018
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners