Fancy a lobster muffin for brunch? Then the new shack from Fin and Founder is for you.
Up until now, they're best known as a fishmonger on Broadway Market (and they also supply London's restaurants like Brat, for their turbot, Lyles, Smoking Goat and more). Now they're trying something new - but they're not going far to do so. They'll be launching Bar Flounder, just around the corner as one of the shacks in Netil Market. But this is not any old shack - this one is custom built by famed architect Richard Rogers’ son Ab Rogers. No pressure - but we'll all be expecting something pretty special from this.
As for the food - here's what's on the menu:
For brunch (Saturday and Sunday 9am – 12pm)
- Crab or veggie hash browns, with avocado and fried egg (£7/£5)
- Scallop and bacon butty, with tomato relish (£9)
- Lobster ‘BF’ muffin, with fried egg and cheese (£12)
And for lunch (Thursday – Sunday from 12pm)
- Prawn burger with chipotle mayo (£9)
- Salmon tartare served with truffle Torres crisps (£10)
- Fritto misto with aioli (£12)
- Turbot tenders, with buffalo hot sauce (£12)
- Bar Flounder lobster roll (£15)
There will be chips on the side (of course) and for drinks, there will be their "Vermouth Slushie", which is vermouth, agave, Cointreau and soda. Just what you need to wrap up summer.
More about Bar Flounder
Where is it? Netil Market, Westgate Street, London E8 3RL
When does it open? 3 September 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners