In a nutshell: Greek street food turns restaurant
Summing it all up: Moving up from street food truck and market stalls, Kalimera is launching as a restaurant in Couch End. There will be modern interpretations of Greek and Mediterranean dishes and plenty of Greek wine.
Since 2015, Télémaque Argyriou has been running the Kalimera street food truck, followed by stands at Camden Market and at Mercato Metropolitano (and even as far afield as Lille in France). But now he's getting ready to transform his business into a Crouch End restaurant that sounds like it could well become a neighbourhood hit.
The restaurant will be all about modern interpretations of Greek and Mediterranean dishes - here's a taster of the menu:
- Basil tzatziki, smacked cucumbers, toasted walnuts, dill oil
- Pistachio pan-fried feta, crispy filo, chilli honey, baba ghanoush
- Monkfish skewers, grilled courgette, fennel, skordalia and salsa verde
- House moussaka
- Spartos pasta, braised artichokes, cumin yoghurt and lemon
- Portokalopita – orange sponge cake, mastic ice cream and confit orange
- Rizogalo – cardamom rice pudding, rhubarb coulis, sesame nougatine
During the day, they'll also have souvlaki wraps and pies as well as the Kalimera boxes (chicken, lamb or halloumi and a selection of salads, vegetables, pita bread, hummus and tzatziki).
As for the drinks you''ll find a list packed with Greek wines from small producers including Assyrtiko from Santorini (definitely our go-to wine of the moment) and more. Also on the drinks list is the Baklava Sour - spiced rum, Rakomelo infused with toasted walnuts, and apple which sounds particularly worth a go.
More about Kalimera
Where is it? 43 Topsfield Parade, Tottenham Lane, London N8 8PT
When does it open? 25 June 2021
How to book: Book online
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners