What: Rye by the Water
In a nutshell: Bakery and grill in Brentford
Summing it all up: An ex Dairy Head Chef and the Head Pastry Chef at Little Bread Pedlar have teamed up for this bakery and restaurant in Brentford. Right by the canal, you can get pastries and sandwiches by day - and grills, pizzas and more by night.
Just opened relatively quietly in Brentford is a new bakery and grill, called Rye by the Water. It's from the former head chef of The Dairy in Clapham, Ben Rand, and Janine Edwards, former Head Pastry Chef at Little Bread Pedlar in Bermondsey. And on top of that, it's all backed by Dairy chiefs Robin Gill and Dan Joines.
In what sounds like a great spot overlooking the canals, it'll be part-bakery, part-restaurant. On the bakery side, they'll be leading with their naturally leavened sourdough as well as croissants, pain au chocolat and seasonal fruit Danish pastries - all made in-house. They've teamed up with Caravan for their coffee and sandwiches and salads will be available in the day.
In the evening, the menu changes to dishes from the grill, pizzas and more, including:
- Cornish mackerel crudo with English peas and Amalfi lemon
- Tagliatelle, Cornish crab, tomato and basil
- Dexter beef chop with green salad and Agria potato gratin
- Fennel sausage, Calabrian chili, tropea onion pizza
- Courgette, ricotta, oregano, black pepper pizza
And there will, of course, be a weekend brunch which includes:
- Roast aubergine, spiced tomato chutney and soft boiled Cacklebean egg
- La Latteria stracciatella fresh peach and toasted almond
- Whole roast chicken, butter lettuce salad, aioli with RBTW baguette
Drinks-wise, alongside the bee, wine and cocktails will be Dan Joines' Vault Vermouth, with the house spritz being "Vault Vermouth Rosso, Select Aperitivo, Prosecco and Rosemary."
More about Rye by the Water
Where is it? Catherine Wheel Road, Brentford TW8 8BD
When does it open? Open now
Launch offer: 10% off during soft launch (28 June - 6 July 2019 - check their website for times)
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners