What: The Mantl
In a nutshell: Turkish kitchen in Knightsbridge
Summing it all up: The Mantl is offering up a modern take on Turkish cuisine in the heart of Knightsbridge.
News reaches us of a new Turkish restaurant that's just opened in Knightsbridge. The restaurant's grabbed itself a pretty prominent place on Brompton Road, just down the road from Harrods (and just around the corner from the Consulate General of Turkey who will no doubt have an opinion on the food).
Their menu is a modern take on Turkish cuisine - and starters include:
- Ksir - Bulgur, spring onion, cornichons, pomegranate molasses
- Sarma - Baldo rice, scallops, cod, lobster, barberry, stuffed leaves
- Ttsulu Kyun Ygurdu - Glazed figs, smoked sheep yoghurt, oak cured beef, grape molasses, pistachio
- Ahtapot - Octopus, mung bean, celeriac, kapia, dill golden apple
- Kuzu Ciger - Lamb liver, potato hash, sumac onion salad, dried chilaca peppe
As for the mains, everything's cooked over hot coal and alongside traditional chicken and lamb shish includes:
- Pistachio lamb chops - Shallot pomme purée, asparagus, molasses
- Gentle Ali - Smoked eggplant, kapla peppers, lamb fillet, yoghurt
- Mantl mix - Lamb, Chicken, Adana, Lamb ribs, Lamb chop
- Veg skewers - Pomegranate molasses, turnip juice, olive oil, sumac, pomegranate
As for dessert, there's Kunefe (of course) and baklava as well as a tahini souffle and a cheesecake that features "Peanuts, Maraş chilli, chocolate and fig yoghurt ice cream".
The menu does sound intriguing - so we'll have to see how this goes down with the Knightsbridge crowd.
More about The Mantl
Where is it? 142 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW3 1HY
When does it open? Open now, soft launch until 9 May 2019.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners