Earlier this year, Canadian Rick Matharu's Secret Samosa Club popped up in Borough with their cheeseburger samosa and now he's back with another new creation for their latest pop-up (and for a much longer run) in Dalston. And yes, he's converted the British institution bangers 'n mash into a samosa.
But the bangers aren't the only samosas that are on offer. Also on offer (as well as a "secret samosa) are:
- Butter chicken - Chicken thighs marinated, hand shredded, and tossed in a rich and creamy tomato sauce with fresh cilantro.
- Jerk Chicken - A smokey and deep Jamaican Jerk Chicken, hand shredded, with a touch of heat.
- Pubjabi cheeseburger - Minced beef marinated with Punjabi spices, mixed with sharp cheddar cheese & a touch of fresh red onions.
- Cheesy bean burrito - Mexican infused basmati rice with lemon, cilantro and mexican chili, rajma (kidney beans), salsa and a lot of cheese
- Dosa - Recreating the famous stuffing inside of a dosa, potatoes with whole mustard seeds and curry leaves
And new this time around are "naanwiches" - which will include:
- TBOLT’ – Tandoori Bacon, onion, lettuce, tomato
- Shahi Paneer Naanwich – creamy paneer with salad bits, achari mayo and sambal oelek
- Creamy Curry Chicken Naanwich – Creamy curry chicken, topped with cheese, pickled red onion and cilantro
So if you fancy all that - get down to Dalston while he's in town
More about Secret Samosa Club
Where is it? The Tuk Tuk bar, 12-14 Kingsland Road, London E2 8DA
When? 10 May, for three months
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners