In a nutshell: Bowl food in Soho
Summing it all up: This restaurant does what it says on the tin - it serves up bowl food. Those bowls will be inspired by worldwide cuisine, including the Caribbean, South America and South East Asia.
So it should be pretty clear from the outset what Bowls does - it serves up food in bowls. They're aiming to spice up that concept a little by varying the inspiration for all that bowl food, so there will be inspiration from the Caribbean, South America and South East Asia. It's taking over the place that used to be Billy and the Chicks, just opposite Zelman Meats.
Here's what's on the menu:
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Jollof Arroz a La Cubana, Quail’s Egg and Fried Banana
- Tuna Poke, Avocado, Crispy Kale, Brown Shrimp Salt, Courgette Noodle
- Miso Cod corn chowder, charred corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, Thai basil, sea vegetables
- Zari-Pho’ - Braised Pork Belly, Homemade Broth, Soft Boiled Egg, Chilli, Thai Basil, Bean Sprouts, Spring Onion and Flat Rice Noodles
- Miso glazed aubergine - roasted peppers, walnut pesto, tahini yoghurt
Alongside that, there will be ceviche, "Clams with charred Pimientos de Padrón and chorizo" as well as sides that include "Truffled courgette fries with romesco" and "Tenderstem broccoli with chilli, soya, yoghurt". Add cocktails (alas, definitely not in bowls), a short wine selection and Prosecco on tap to all of that.
More about Bowls
Where is it? 27 Saint Anne’s Court, Soho, London W1F 0BN
When does it open? 26 November 2018
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners