We've always rather liked The Hour Glass - it's been something of an oasis in Kensington for us. And now it's all change, as a new head chef is shepherding in a brand new menu.
New in charge of the kitchen is Sean Marsh, whose background includes Mugaritz in Spain and St. John.
The chef himself says "My approach to the menu is one that is ingredient-driven and pared back. The quality of produce begins with a producer." So with that in mind, careful sourcing of produce will be a big thing. Huntsham Court Farm and Taste Tradition are supplying meat, Chegworth Valley, Forge Farms and more on fruit and veg and they'll get fresh seafood from dayboats.
On the menu will be:
- British Charcuterie from Cannon & Cannon
- Grilled Lamb Tongue & Green Sauce
- Jerusalem Artichoke Soup, Crispy Lardo
- Pig’s Head Terrine & Piccalilli
- Smoked Cod’s Roe on Toast, Pickled Cherry Tomatoes
- Aylesbury Duck Breast, Dripping Carrots & Watercress
- Whole Lemon Sole, Brown Butter, Lemon & Capers
- Mackerel, Beetroot & Red Cabbage Coleslaw, Horseradish
- Poached Pear, Clotted Cream & Crumble
- Jura Whisky & Shortbread
- Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie, Salted Toffee
Also coming into The Hour Glass is General Manager Brett Hardy who will be looking after you if you pop in to grab a bite of the above.
Where: The Hour Glass Pub & Dining Room, 279-283 Brompton Road, London SW3 2DY
How to book: call 020 7581 2497