Love yourself a proper sausage roll? The Great Sausage Roll Off is back for its sixth incarnation, which will see beer and foodie Melissa Cole on hand to host chefs from across the country, who’ll be attempting to whip up the perfect ‘roll. The downside? You'll need to venture all the way down to darkest south London for the event, which will take place in Barnes roomy Red Lion pub - though it’s a stroke of luck if you do happen to already be a resident of SW13.
Last year, the competition was won by the ‘From Norfolk with Love’, a sausage roll made with Norfolk-sourced ingredients. It was made by Charlie Hodson of Charlie’s Norfolk Food Heroes, who beat 19 chefs to take home the crown.
There’s a whole heap of participants, including Ben Williams from EC4’s The White Swan, and MYPIE’s Chris Brumby, plus chefs from outside London. The full list is:
- Anton Manganaro – BAFTA, Piccadilly
- Ben Williams – The White Swan, EC4
- Brendan Fyldes – Green & Fortune
- Charlie Hodson with Jessica-Jane Applegate MBE & Archers Butchers
- Chris Brumby – MYPIE Truck
- Cornish Duck Truck with Adrian Oliver & Stephen Marsh
- James Strawbridge - Crantock Foods
- John Grabecki – BNY Mellon
- Leigh Evans – Methuen Arms, Corsham
- Mark Thornhill, Kings Head Hursley
- Matt Follas – Bramble Café
- Ollie Chadwick - The Market Café, Knutsford
- Phil Harrison – Bears Ice Cream
- Rob Allsworth - Broadstairs College
- Robert Taylor - The Compasses Inn ,Crundale
- Si Toft – The Dining room, Abersoch
- Martin Shires – White Horse, Richmond
When: 7pm, 24 January
Where: The Red Lion, 2 Castelnau, Barnes, London SW13 9RU, UK
How to book: It's completely free to attend, just turn up.
More information: Visit the website’s homepage