Updated 12/3/15 with revised soft launch details:
A new all-day neighbourhood restaurant and bar is coming soon to Battersea Square, as the people behind Soho's Damson & Co get ready to open Queenswood.
Head Chef, Aude Placktor is moving here from Paris, having worked in all manner of high end establishments including Atelier de Joël Robuchon, and is planning a menu which spans the globe:
- Corn & coconut cakes, elephant ear & shitake mushrooms, avocado and almond flakes,
- Steamed clams, Guadeloupe style with coconut, ginger, chilli, okra & spring onion.
- Mirin & wasabi coated cod with sprinkled pistachio, steamed veggie dim sum, soybeans & sake dressing
- Goan style lamb chops with curried rice, lime, fresh mint & coriander.
- African cacao & almond milk soufflé
- Chai pannacota with macadamia milk & spiced roasted pistachio.
Plus, there's a strong focus on healthier food at Queenswood and vegans and vegetarians particularly looked after with dishes like Vegan green rice in chlorophyll herb stock, spring onion & seaweed, green tea matcha & smoked tofu. And there will be sharing dishes too, including salt crusted whole fish.
Queenswood opens 23 March 2015 at 15 Battersea Square, London, SW11 3RA. There will be a soft launch offer of 50% off the food menu from breakfast to dinner, running from Monday 23 March through to Monday 6 April 2015. For more information, follow them on Twiitter @queenswoodldn