Not content with a restaurant, bar and deli, Farringdon's Quality Chop House is now adding a cafe too. If you've been to the deli there recently - and we have many times for arguably the best pork pies in London - you'll have seen the wine shop that's next door (previously run by Noble Wines). It's that area that's becoming their new cafe.
There you'll be able to sit down and work your way through as many of those pork pies as you can (and we really can manage quite a lot) as well as sandwiches, cakes, sausage rolls (also quite amazing) and more besides.
Here's what we know will be in the cafe:
- Hot bacon sandwich in a fat-enriched roll
- QCH granola, poached pears, Neal’s Yard Dairy yoghurt
- A plate of charcuterie
- The week’s best cheeses
- QCH chocolate plate (selection of sweet treats from the pastry kitchen)
- Hot sandwich (e.g. porchetta, crackling & apple puree; or Fosse Meadows chicken, baby gem & garlic mayonnaise, roast ham with Kernel porter mustard) £6
- Daily stew (e.g. duck & merguez cassoulet with garlic bread; or beef and ale stew with dumplings and pearl barley; or mixed bean stew with cumin and preserved lemon and a flat bread) £7.50
- Cold sandwiches (e.g. honey and mustard glazed ham with coleslaw; or chicken and gribiche; or egg and celery mayonnaise)
- Daily soup (e.g. smoked ham and leek broth with chopped boiled egg and parsley; or cauliflower soup with hazelnut Dukkha; or pumpkin soup with pumpkin seed pistou)
And new to the cafe will be a range of cookbooks and wines to take home, selected by the head of wine at Quality Chop House, Erwan Gouiffes.
As ever, you'll be able to pop next door to the butchers and also to pick up a pack or two of their confit potatoes from their store to cook at home. These come highly recommended - buy as many as you can carry...
Where: 88-94 Farringdon Rd, Clerkenwell, London EC1R 3EA
When: Open now.
Subscribe to hear the latest from Hot Dinners