The Restaurant & Bar Design Awards may be the only awards list of the year where you'll find a Nando's sitting alongside popups like Coppa Club or high end London restaurants like Eneko at One Aldwych.
The annual awards recognises the best design in the hospitality sector, covering everything from hotel restaurants to pubs. On the judging committee are a few London food folk including chef James Lowe, Richard Corrigan and restaurateurs Trevor Gulliver from St John and Rainer Becker. This year's awards received 980 entries from the UK and 70 other countries so getting to the top of the pile is a real achievement.
London restaurants on the Best Design List:
- Best UK and London Restaurant: Fucina, Marylebone
- Standalone Restaurant: Clerkenwell Grind
- Multiple Restaurant: Obica, St Paul’s
- Restaurant or Bar in a retail space: Wallpaper* Bar + Kitchen, Harvey Nichols
- Restaurant or Bar in a hotel: Eneko at One Aldwych
- Pub: No 197 Chiswick Fire Station
- Restaurant or Bar in another space: Nando’s Putney Kitchen
- London Bar: The Kitty Hawk, Moorgate
- Bar or Club: The Escapologist, Covent Garden
- Pop Up: Coppa Club, Tower Bridge
- Outside space: Colicci, Westfield
- Luxury: Collins Room at The Berkeley