We're sure that if we were clever enough, we'd be able to give a fittingly bleak monologue about the inherent connection between modern art and junk food - but we're not, so instead we'll just say, hurrah! Burgers, muffins and more with a healthy-ish twist in the Tate Modern.
It's part of the aptly named Tate x Pure Filth pop-up, which will see Gizzi Erskine joined by nutritionist Rosemary Ferguson to bring 'health food for hedonists' to the gallery.
Skeptical? Here's what it actually means.
"We’ve created everything from a veggie black bean burger with ghee-fried onions to orange bourbon barbeque sauce," says Gizzi. "This is indulgent food, served healthily and without sacrifice," who adds that her favourite recipe is the raw chocolate riff on a bounty bar...
We've had an early look at the menu and you can expect...
- Pure Filth burger - Pure filth signature patty. Beetroot bun. Fried onions. Beetroot ketchup. Aioli. Lettuce. Avocado. Cucumber pickles+ American Beer cheese
- The big double - 2 Pure filth signature patty. Carrot bun. Lettuce. Pickles. Lacto fermented burger sauce. Pickles. Onions. American beer cheese.
- Korean burger - Pure filth signature patty. Beetroot bun. Kimchi. Pear Bulgogi sauce. Gochujang aioli. Lettuce. Pickles. Fried Onions. + American beer cheese
- Texan burger - Pure filth signature patty. Carrot bun. Lentil chilli. American beer cheese sauce. Pickles. Fried onions. Aoili.
- Apple pie - Apples. Cinnamon. Vanilla. Maca. Spelt. Coconut oil. Coconut sugar.
Those burger patties are vegan and made of "black beans, black lentils, black quinoa and our specially blended umami paste". Everything on the menu is vegan (apart from the beer cheese sauce and aioli, which can be removed if you like).
For sides, we like the sound of "Sweet potato fries with house addictive seaweed miso dust" and on top of that, there's a range of juices and some great looking shakes too:
- Strawberry Acai Thick shake - Strawberries. Almond milk. Acai berry powder, Vanilla Booja booja ice cream
- Banana. Almond butter. Macca Thick shake - Banana, Maca, Almond milk, Almond. Vanilla, vanilla paste, booja booja ice cream
- Chocolate cacao nib Thick shake - Cacao. Cacao nibs. Dates. Almond milk. Vanilla Booja Booja ice cream
"The taste must come first – our food just happens to be good for you, too. Rosemary and I have spent days dreaming up hearty creations, with flavour combinations that really pack a punch," Gizzi adds.
It'll only be running for three weekends, so if you're keen, you can get your booking for Pure Filth x Tate Modern combination with a ticket for their Modigliani exhibition. Which means you can get nourishment for the body *and* your culture-loving soul, all in one go. Alternatively, it's also open to walk-ins too.
When: Weekends between 25 November - 10 December
Where: Level 1 of the Blavatnik Building, Tate Modern, Bankside, London SE1 9TG