If you just don't think there are enough saloon bars in East London, there's a temporary wild west town that's taking over part of Whitechapel later this month - Django Bango. The whole event promises "multi-storey buildings and dusty streets - complete with a Saloon Bar, creaky church confessional and the risk of jail time for any outlaws." So it's a mix of an immersive experience with booze and food.
They'll be taking over some entire houses too and the big saloon bar sounds like a lot of fun - we're assuming they MUST have the swinging doors so you can make a proper entrance. And hopefully someone who will stop playing the piano then too.
The food on offer will be from Wenny Armstrong, one of the people behind last year's Po Boys pop-up. On the menu will be:
- Cowboy Manchos heaped with guacamole, saddle bum salsa, sour cream, cheese, fresh jalapeños
- Hog carved in the town square, slow roasted on the spit for 10 hours to melt in your mouth, brioche bap, slaw
- Chilli con Carne fresh off the Chuck Wagon with succotash and cornbread
- "Gold Rush Veg" chilli bean stew made in the squirrel can, with succotash and cornbread
- Crodough Wagon Wheels Oreo or PBJ
Django Bango starts on 19 February at 22 - 36 Raven Row, Whitechapel, London, E1 2EG and runs every Friday and Saturday until 2 April. For more, follow them on Twitter@djangobangoeast