News reaches us of a new pop-up brunch restaurant in Kensal Rise as Tahini gets ready for a two week daytime stint in The Shop in Kensal Rise.
It's being run by Josh Talmud, who was previously at Melrose and Morgan, who is creating a menu based on his experience of brunches in Israel during his travels there. He'll be producing a a meze style brunch combining classic Levantine ingredients and flavours with locally sourced British products from Queens Park Farmers Market and other local suppliers.
There's brunch for one at £10.95 or for two to share at £20 - and that menu sounds pretty impressive:
- 2 eggs per person cooked to order
- Chopped salad with za’atar
- Roast peppers, pine nuts and parsley
- Quinoa, peas, sugar snaps, fennel, mint and nigella seeds
- Goat’s cheese with tarragon, parsley and lemon zest
- Selection of breads from butter and homemade jam
- Bramley apple compote, yoghurt, sour cherry granola and date syrup
- A glass of apple Juice
- Coffee or tea
If tall that's too much then there's eggs and salad for £6.50 and some selections for children too.
Tahini at the Shop runs from Saturday 18th October- Friday 31st October. It'll be open 9am-3pm weekends and 9am-2pm weekdays (except Monday). The Shop is at 75 Chamberlayne Road, London NW10 3ND.
For more information, follow Tahini on Twitter @Tahinirest