For seven days and nights, London Wine Week (14-20 May 2018) will endeavour to keep Londoners' glasses filled with great wine. There are masterclasses, tastings and more - and this year you'll find the festival hub in Southwark in Flat Iron Square.
Sip & Snack
Loads of the bars taking part in London Wine Week are offering Sip & Snack specials to Festival Pass holders. We picked out the following highlights:
- A 75ml glass of Lustau, 'Papirusa' Manzanilla, Jerez, Spain alongside Langoustine Scampi with Tartare Sauce for £9 at Hawksmoor Air Street
- Glass of La Guita Manzanilla Sherry and an Anchovy Crostini for £5 at Sager + Wilde Paradise Row
- Either Muscadet & Oyster for £6 or Jura Wine & Comte for £10 at Noble Rot
- Pan con Tomate and a glass of Cava Franck Massard, Brut Nature NV for £11 at Social Wine and Tapas
- A glass of wine chosen with the team at Naughty Piglets and an Alsacian ham and Parmesan croquette for £9.50
What: Muga wine producers and C&D Wines are putting on a wine dinner in the private dining room at aqua nueva. Enjoy gorgeous views across London over a five-course tasting dinner by the Head Chef, Yahir Gonzalez with paired wines. Pairings include grilled white asparagus with Manchego custard and shaved black truffle with a glass of Muga Rosé Rioja
When: 17 May
What: Wright Bros and Loire Valley Wines are holding two masterclasses matching oysters with wine. Every guest will get a dozen oysters, served and cooked in every way possible, matched to six different Loire wines
When: 17 May - Wright Brothers Soho. 20 May - Wright Brothers Battersea
Cost: £30 (£25 if you have a festival pass)
What: Join Oz Clarke, Tim Atkin MW and Olly Smith for an evening sipping the trio's favourite Champagnes and sparkling wines from classic Grande Marque Champagnes to English Sparkling Wines, Italian Franciacortas and Proseccos. Held in East Wintergarden, Oz, Tim and Olly will wander around mingling with everyone.
When: 17 May
While you can catch the wedding itself on big screens at the London Wine Week's hub at Flat Iron Square we rather like the wine tribute from this Fitzrovia restaurant which is offering up flight consisting of a London, Welsh and American wine in honour of the happy couple. The flight will feature an Ancre Hill Chardonnay from Wales, a Dierberg Vineyard Chardonnay from Santa Barbara and a Cabot Square Cabernet Sauvignon, from London Cru.
Cost: £5 with festival pass
When: 14-20 May
And even more wine...
For more information on what's going on for London Wine Week go to the official festival website.