As former Head Chef of London's only Michelin-starred pub, it's fair to say that Sally Abé knows how to construct a winning pub menu. So it's perhaps no surprise that she's been brought into the Conrad London St James to work her magic there with the hotel's pub (with more to come).
In the past, The Blue Boar had gone down the American smokehouse route and then the trad British one. And it's the British angle that Sally's going to work on - promising elevated pub menus "but with my own contemporary twist on much-loved classics".
Sally's Harwood Arms menu was known for its top drawer Scotch egg, so we'll need to try the version here which is a Coronation chicken scotch egg with golden raisin chutney. Other dishes will include:
- Pork scratching with Bramley apple sauce
- Potted Cornish crab with cucumber jelly and grilled sourdough
- Fallow Deer burger, with celeriac and bone marrow remoulade, bread and butter pickles, and onion rings
- Mushroom sausage roll with pickled walnut ketchup
- Earl Grey and chocolate mousse with salted caramel
As you might expect, plans for a top Sunday roast are also underway, which they'll be pairing with a menu of Bloody Marys.
The Blue Boar is the first to open of the four food and drink places that Sally's working on at the hotel in her role as Consultant Chef - the upcoming signature restaurant there will be one to watch too.
More about the Blue Boar Pub
Where is it? 45 Tothill Street, London SW1H 9LQ
When? 17 May 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners